ColoradoCare – Amendment 69 on the 2016 ballot - is an initiative that would provide health coverage for all Colorado residents and save the State and its residents $4.5 billion a year. Because our faith traditions consider healing to be a sacred activity, we are asking for your assistance in reaching out to members of your faith community with information about this initiative.
Problems with our present health care system
Many families and individuals are facing a financial crisis.
- 62% of bankruptcies are caused by medical expenses.
- 50% of home foreclosures are caused by medical expenses.
- Those with health insurance find themselves struggling to pay a higher share of their health care costs due to high deductibles and coinsurance.
Even with the Affordable Care Act, over 350,000 Coloradans still lack health insurance.
ColoradoCare addresses these problems
- ColoradoCare would replace Obamacare and cover all of Colorado’s residents. ColoradoCare is like “Medicare for All.” If you live in Colorado, you’re covered.
- The plan allows for a free choice of primary care doctor and no “narrow networks.”
- There will be no co-pays for primary and preventative care and no deductibles.
- The financing plan will be income based and, therefore, less of a burden on low income people.
Colorado Care will be owned by Coloradans and will save Coloradans billions.
What can you do?
- Publish information about Amendment 69 in your magazines, newsletters, bulletins, etc.
- Encourage your members to discuss ColoradoCare in their congregations – including adult education classes, committees, etc.
- Host a ColoradoCare speaker to discuss ColoradoCare.
Thank you for your willingness to consider supporting our efforts to inform communities of faith about ColoradoCare and how it cares for all of God’s people in our State.